Croissant chupa chups dragée donut apple pie.
A podcast where you join me (Penny!) as I chat to fellow creatives over a cocktail.
Caramels cookie marzipan chocolate danish soufflé powder oat cake pie. Candy icing lemon drops danish halvah macaroon jelly beans sweet.
This week was a HUGE week in the news… from a royal Hollywood wedding to the resignation of the King of Apple to the terror of hurricane Irene on Richard Branson’s island paradise to the shake-up on the east coast… here are some of my top picks for the week:
I have to admit, despite her less than fairytale road to stardom, Kim Kardashian is quite the business woman. On a day that usually costs most families & couples their year’s salary, despite their estimated $6MM cost of the wedding, the Kardashians managed to make millions more!!!One article I found quite fascinating: “Kim Kardashian’s Wedding by the Numbers” (Hollywood Reporter)According to the NY Post, their nuptials are estimated to make $17.9MM and will keep bringing in more!Just to throw some numbers around (via NY Post):
Payments they received
- $15 million plus profit for four-hour, two-part wedding special on E!
- $2.5 million for exclusive photos with People magazine
- $300,000 for exclusive engagement announcement with People
- $100,000 for exclusive rights to bridal shower with Britain’s OK! mag
- $50,000 to have bachelorette party at Tao in Las Vegas
Stuff they got for free
- $15,000 to $20,000 Hansen’s Bakery wedding cake
- $20,000 Vera Wang wedding dress and fittings
- $40,000 for two more Vera Wang evening dresses
- $400,000 in Perrier Jouet Champagne
- $150,000 in hair and makeup for photo shoots and TV “home video”
- $10,000 in Lehr & Black wedding invitations
- $2 million 20.5-carat engagement ring and $1 million wedding bands by jeweler Lorraine Schwartz. The amount they paid for these items hasn’t been revealed, but it’s much less than their worth.
[…] all the over the top weddings of 2011, such as the Royal Wedding, the Kardashians (short-lived), and Twilight’s Breaking Dawn, what trends and styles will emerge in the real […]
[…] see influences from the media & pop culture, such as the Twilight wedding, Gossip Girl wedding, Kim Kardashian‘s infamous wedding & the very Royal […]